Extension: Call for Applications for
DAFI Bachelor’s degree Scholarships
29 October – 10 November 2017
The United Nations Higher Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has successfully awarded 315 scholarships to Syrians in Jordan with an increment from original 220 slots in 2017 through the Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative (DAFI) program, funded by the German Government, the Said and Asfari Foundation.
The scholarship program is administered by UNHCR in partnership with the Higher and further Education Opportunities and Perspectives for Syrians (HOPES) funded by the EU with support from the Jubilee Center for Excellence in Education (JCEE).
The scholarship covers all tuition fees, and comprises standard allowances for living, transportation and book purchase to be managed by the student. The scholarship will be extended on an annual basis.
We are pleased to inform you of an extension of the call for applications for Syrians (4 yrs or less remaining to completion) for 80 scholarship slots
As per the below criteria:-
- Registered with UNHCR
- Syrian nationality
- Age of 28yrs or younger
- High academic performance
· Is currently a continuing student registered at university
- Has remaining 4 yrs or less to complete thier course
- You are currently not a beneficiary of any other academic scholarship
- None of your family members are currently benefitting from a DAFI scholarship
- Strong motivation to contribute to your community
Proficiency in English is an additional requirement for Jordanian Universities in certain courses.
If you meet all these criteria and have previously applied for the DAFI scholarship, but were not selected due to the limited number of available scholarships, you are strongly encouraged to re-apply again this year.
Application period : 29 October to 10 November 2017
Required application documents are: ONLY electronic applications will accepted
Application form in English version! (the form is available electronically and free of charge on): https://enketo.unhcr.org/x/#YpUy
Attach the following
- Copy of UNHCR Asylum seeker Certificate or proof of registration with UNHCR
- Copy of Ministry of Interior (MoI) Card (Syrians only)
- Copy of university transcript with latest GPA of last semester
Please note that you may only submit ONE application
- We expressly encourage qualified female candidates and refugees with special needs to apply.
- Applying to DAFI scholarship is an entirely free of charge process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- UNHCR will contact successful applicants
For further enquires please call the UNHCR Info-Line or contact the focal point in your area, before the deadline for submitting applications.
Contacts/ focal points per location:
- Info-Line Telephone No.: 06 400 8000
- Mafraq governorate and Zataari camp:
Mr. Awad AL-SHIEKH, Phone number: 079131 56 39.
- Irbid, Jerash, Ajloun, and Ramtha Governorates, in addition to Cyber city and king Abdalaah park:
Mr. Ahmad KHADER, Phone number 0797207135.
- Azraq camp:
Mr. Ahmad ELAMLEH, Phone number 0790336983.
- Amman Khalda office: info line 06 400 8000
Ms. Heba Nazzal, Phone number: (+962) 0791294749
Ms. Tamara Kasabi, Phone number: (+962) 0791294787